Monday, October 25, 2010

Wal-Mart Exclusive War Machine



Normally I don't go to Wallyworld to shop for toys but I did for four different figures that were exclusive to them. They were the last 4 I needed (until Iron Man 3 comes out) to complete my hall of Iron Man armors. The first review on my miraculous return to my blog is the Exclusive War Machine.

Now this War Machine is one of the best that has been made since Toy Biz and Hasboro started making legend sized action figures! At least in my opinion he is one of the best, aside from a few flaws that always seems to plague toys. My one gripe is that War Machines missile launcher is on his right shoulder, when in the movie any one who has seen it will know that it is supposed to be on his left. I am not sure why they decided that the missile container is going to be located on that arm.


War Machine has a ball jointed head, ball and pin shoulders, swivel biceps, double hinge elbows, ball and pin wrists, ball and pin hips, swivel thighs, double hinge knees, and ball and pin ankles. Some extra fun parts of his articulation are his guards on his hands have a small bracket in which swings up and he can do his repulsor blast for his hands, there is also hinges on his shoulder guards so he can sort of put his arms out to the side, but that looks really dumb because the pads usually end up higher than his head, bah! War Machines mini gun on his shoulder is on a sliding bar so it can go all over the place on his back this is really one of the neater features of this character, you can put the gun aiming behind him while the missile bracket can aim forward and he can also protect himself on the sides too because of his arm guns.

The paint on War Machine is crisp and clear and looks like he just stepped out of the movie and into your hand. In some areas you can see how the Iron Man Mark II was the body for this but for the most part there is so much armor on him that he looks like something that Tony Stark designed for heavy attacks, which he did in the comics. the colors are mostly a smokey grey and silver with red for the eyes and arc reactor in the chest also on the arms where his guns are there is some yellow giving that hey look this area is a little dangerous.

When you want to have a different hand style than what he has (I choose the repusor hand, its the open one) War Machine also came with two different other hands, one is a closed fist and the other is a partially opened hand. Both look pretty good but I like the open hand the best out of all of them. Also for his missile bracket when it is removed there is a small smokey grey piece that fits over the hole and makes it look like there is nothing there, this is where Hasboro has been doing a great job with their hide a port like things.

Well readers tomorrow will be Iron Man Mark VI and then continuing on from there. Please leave any comment you want I will likely reply with any suggestion or comment you have for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not overly into toys but the review seemed good. If you want some cronstructive criticism... maybe better pics. If you are using a digital camera see if it has a macro shooting setting. That will allow you to take closer pics of the object to better point out what you are writing about. Not a huge deal though. Just something to think about in the future. Good job and keep writing!

    -MMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my digital camera....I only have my phone so thats why the pictures kinda suck. For some reason Androids don't have flash or zoom which I wish they did!

    ReplyDelete