Sunday, December 14, 2014

A little hope at the speed of light

Hero Clix Blue Lantern Flash
This is the challenge I issued to my best friend Tyler because he was a special guest on the Milkman and Revren podcast. The challenge for all our guest or special guests is to challenge me to step outside my comfort zone and review something different. To challenge me there are a couple rules, there is a $20 dollar maximum, it can be any toy from any line and if the review sucks when I put it up...I did my best so bite me. Other than that enjoy me stepping out of my norm and trying something new.



Hero Clix is a game I never understood but it seemed like a good idea. Kinda like Magic the Gathering I just don't get it. Its a game that involves action figures, something you would think I would enjoy but I just don't have the want or desire to actually play it.

Blue Lantern Flash I got as a gift from a friend he came in a Blackest Night boxed set with Red Lantern Mera, Orange Lantern Lex Luthor, Yellow Lantern Scarecrow, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Blue Lantern Flash, Indigo Lantern Atom, Violet Lantern Wonder Woman. Mera and Wonder Woman have since broke. these are very fragile figures. Each one is cast in a translucent plastic of their respective plastic and doing so makes them a little more fragile. 

BL Flash has instead of yellow lightning trailing him like he does in the comic the lightning is blue because he is wielding a Blue ring of Hope. His costume is blue and black in the same design of his original costume. As per a flash figure he is in a running pose. To accomplish this pose the figure is standing on a black base that the middle rotates to reveal four numbers at a time as well as KO in a few different spots, what these numbers and the KO means I have no idea, but maybe I will do some research some day and actually figure out what Hero Clix is all about, I wouldn't hold your breath for it happening any time soon though. 

The blue on the BL Flash is a kind of a cloudy blue instead of the bright blue he was in the comics. He has a blue blob on his right hand that is supposed to be his ring. his flash lightning logo is over laying the blue lantern badge. The facial coloring isn't the best for a figure so small. There are two black dots where his eyes should be. 

Not the best figure I have ever owned not the worst but hopefully this review gives you some hint of what a Hero Clix figure is and what they kind of look like. If there were other GL Hero Clix out there, which there probably are, I will probably own them.

No comments:

Post a Comment