Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rings

These past couple weeks when I have blogged you were probably wondering what these lantern rings I have been talking about are?! Well today I got the last two of my whole collection and it really made my day. Now I am going to show you the rings and the oaths to go along with them.

The first ring that I am going to show you is the one that started it all the Green ring of Will power. The Green Lantern:

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night.
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let all those that worship evil's might

Beware my Power Green Lantern's Light!

The Green Lanterns are based in
the center of the color spectrum and channel the power of will power. Hal Jordan is the Leader of the Green Lanterns.

The next ring we will be seeing is the Sinestro Corps ring or the ri
ng of Yellow:

In Blackest Day, in Brightest Night.
Beware your fears made into light.

L
et those that try and stop what's right
Burn like my power, Sinestro's Might
!

When Sinesto's corps members also recite this oath they replace my with his in regards to Sinestro. This color is the color of fear. Sinestro is the Leader of the Yellow Lanterns.

The Star Sapphire ring is the next ring that made its way into the comics.

For hearts long lost and full of fright.
For those alone in
the blackest night.
Accept our rin
g and join our fight.
Love conquers all with Violet light!


The violet ring is the ring of love and one of the harder rings to control because it is on the very edge of the color spectrum.
Carol Faris is the Leader of the Star Sapphires.




Red then made its way into the Green Lantern Comics with Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns, it really had nothing to do with the Final Crisis Story line but it did start kicking off the War of Light which lead to the Blackest Night story line:

With Blood and Rage of Crimson Red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead
.
Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate
!

Just by reading that oath there you can probably tell that Red is the color that represents rage or hatred. This one is also o
n the far side of the spectrum. Atrocitus is the leader of the Red Lanterns.

Also showing up in the Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns Story was the Blue Ring. This ring only showed up at the end of the story making you wonder what the fuck was going on.

In Fearful Day, in Raging Night.
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
When all seems lost in the war of light,
Look to the stars--for Hope Burns Bright!


The Blue Lanterns are the most powerful of the Lantern rings but also the weakest as they need a Green ring to make them wo
rk completely. The Blue ring taps the emotion of Hope. Saint Walker is the Leader of the Blue Lanterns.

We were next introduced to the Orange ring and this ring we have actually never heard an oath for other than:


MINE!

This ring is the ring of
Avarice or Greed. The Leader of this Corps is Larfleeze and all his corps members are constructs of his power.



After Orange we get to hear the first Black Lantern Oath. This one is sorta creepy in that it's a dead man that we first 'hear' this from:

The Blackest Night Falls From the Skies
As Darkness Grows All Light Dies

We crave your hearts and your demise
By my black hand--the dead shall rise.

Black Hand is the Entity of the Black Lanterns and is pretty damn creepy if you ask me. Black is Death.


The last ring we get introduced to in the Blackest Night story line is the Indigo Ring. We have not gotten an English translation to the Indigo oath as of yet as it is said in clicks and pops but here you go:

Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur.
Natromo faan tornek wot ur.

Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur.

Taan lek lek nok--formorrow Sur!

Fuck if I know what it means but I sure as hell want to know and here soon because Abin Sur is mentioned in it and he is the one that gave Hal his Ring. Indigo lanterns harness the power of Compassion and are led by Indigo-1, all the indigo corps members forwent their names and
chose instead Indigo-something or other.

After Thanksgiving I am going to do 8 days of Lantern shirts and 8 days of rings as soon as those days are up I will post pictures.

I hope everyone has an amazing Turkey day, cause I know I will. I'm wishing you all the best and hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and loved ones. I love you all and wish I could see you tomorrow but do expect a text message from me.

2 comments:

  1. What you forgot to mention here is that you did most of these from memory =P Nice jewelry collection though ;) I like the Indigo and Green ones the most. But of course the Indigo ring would be most fitting due to the compassion I hold for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Jarrod I did forget to mention that. The only ones I do not have yet memorized yet are the Red and Indigo oaths. I will have red here in the next few days though. Yeah we all know that Indigo is your color, but me I fit into all them but black. But mainly I am a blue to the core.

    ReplyDelete